The Indiana Rail Road Company offers a competitive outsourcing solution for your EMD locomotive maintenance requirements.
Our shop features full-length inspection pits, raised work platforms, a 30-ton overhead crane and four 50-ton locomotive jacks to tackle heavy repairs. An integrated 7,500 sq. ft. warehouse stocked with approved EMD replacement parts and sub-assemblies.
Whether you are a lease fleet owner, rail carrier or industrial operator, call on Indiana Rail Road to keep your locomotives in service and earning revenue.
- Power assembly and turbocharger replacements; in-frame prime mover overhauls
- Truck rebuilding
- Traction motor/wheel set replacement
- Rotating equipment —air compressors, auxiliary generators, main generators, cooling fans, and other engine-driven accessories
- Draft gear pocket modifications and replacement; installation of alignment control draft gear
- Accident repair
- Electrical, fuel and air systems and controls
- Installation of electronic devices—GPS, event recorder, operator vigilance devices and video recorder technologies
- Installation of idle reduction technology such as APUs and AESS devices
- 92, 368 and 1004-Day FRA inspections and horn testing
- End of lease, return to service inspection and repair
- Locomotive storage
- Power washing
- Wheel truing